Welcome to The Counselling Group! We’re very happy to have you here. This document provides instructions on how to:
1. Register for an account on the portal
2. Schedule an intake assessment
If you’d prefer to follow the instructions by video, click HERE.
How to create an account in our client portal and book an intake assessment:
1. Follow the link https://oab.owlpractice.ca/thecounsellinggroup which will take you to our client portal.
2. Once there, click “Book Now” in the upper-right corner of the screen.
3. From the menu choose “Intake Assessment” and choose one of the therapists to conduct an intake. There is no difference between the two Intake workers except for the different hours in which they offer Assessment times.
4. On the right side of the screen you can choose the date and time for your assessment. You can look for a specific date from the calendar or allow our system to “jump” to the next available session by clicking on “Jump to Date” button. You will then be able to choose from the available time slots on that day. Our intake assessments are offered Sunday to Friday from 8:30am to 7:00pm.
5. Once you find the Intake assessment slot that meets your needs, click on the “Book” button under the calendar. A new window will open and you will be asked to “Confirm Booking.”
6. Once you confirmed your booking you will be asked to sign into your account using your email and password. If you do not have an account please click on “Create Account.”
7. A new window will open and you will be asked to enter your full name, date of birth, phone number, email address, and to create a password. Click on “Create Account” once you are done.
8. Once you successfully create an account, you will receive an email from ‘email@example.com’ asking you to validate your account. This is a safety enhancement feature. Please verify your email address by pressing “verify,” which will take you to your client account, where you can click “verify.”
Note: If for some reason you did not receive this email, please check your spam folder. You can also click on “Resend Verification Email” on the home page in the client’s portal.
Your account is now active. In the next few hours, our intake team will send you a follow up email containing a link to a short form. Completing the form prior to the intake assessment will allow us to serve you better and expedite the process.
Are you ready to book your intake appointment?